Question

Unable to send faxes from Toshiba e-Studio by using Cisco SPA 122 ATA

• 27 December 2018
  • 11 replies

Our environment requires us to send faxes traditional way. Recently we switched to RingCentral telephone service and were planning to switch our fax machines also. To test it first, we port it only one machine. 90% of our faxes failure to send. Only few numbers that we can send them through. We are using Toshiba e-Studio 5055c with ECM disabled. Toshiba's e-Studio MFPs don't have baud settings for reducing transmit speed. Instead, they adjust speed automatically based on recipient. Interesting that faxes sent perfectly fine when using desktop app.

Also, when faxes are sent of failure, there are no records under the log of that extension where fax machine connected to the corresponded ATA.

Any suggestions?

11 replies

Hi Ruslan, 

Have you followed the steps in this KB article?
Yes. Also spent few hours with support
Already did. They don't have that settings.
Try setting the "Compatibility " option to "Internet Fax (Simple mode) (ITU-T.37)"

I believe the default setting is  "Super G3, G3 (ITU-T.30)"

Michel, where is this setting located? Thanks.
It should be with the Fax settings along with "TX Resolution"
Michel, on Toshiba or Cisco SPA 122 setting page?
It should be with the Fax settings along with "TX Resolution"
Nothing help. There are multiple fax numbers that always failed. Sending from regular fax machines or even by using RingCentral desktop app works fine. 
I have the same copier / faxer / scanner and cannot send to my ringcentral fax.  It is a disappointment that the service is not compatible with the worldwide default  "Super G3, G3 (ITU-T.30)".  Additionally, some fax machines do not generate a tone when the call to us is answered.  The sending fax just sits and waits for a start tone from RingCentral, but never receives it so the fax goes to voice mail and nothing happens.  There should be a button to "ANSWER AS FAX" so a tone is generated when the incoming fax is answered.
In the Toshiba settings