Question

Warm transfers

• 28 December 2018
  • 4 replies

We need warm transfer capability for soft phones. This is something that we expected when we switched to Ring Central, but is not happening.

4 replies

I'm pretty sure theres a warm and blind transfer on the soft phone. The deskphones require a few steps to do each style transfer.
According to the tech at support and a tech support supervisor, there is no capability to do a warm transfer on the soft phone. Meaning, that as a receptionist, I cannot contact the boss, ask if he wants to take the call, and then return to the caller to take a message if the boss cannot talk at that time. This is a common task that regular phone hardware does all the time. But not with Ring Central soft phones. That is disappointing.
Hi Bruce, 

If you do not have a Digital Line (DL) on your extension, the warm transfer option is not available. In order to complete this type of request, the system requires a DL on the extension. If you do have a Digital Line, you should have a transfer option, and then be able to select warm transfer. 

When conducting a warm transfer follow these steps:
1) Answer the call
2) Select the transfer button (no need to put them on hold):

3) Select the individual you would like to have the call go to (the warm transfer button will be grey until you do)
4) The Warm Transfer button will become active and then you'll press it and it will call the individual. Once they answer, select the Complete Transfer button

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps I am not using the right terminology. We are a church office that has switched to VoIP. With our old phones, in the traditional way, the receptionist can buzz the pastor that he has a call. The pastor can choose whether or not to take the call at that time. The receptionist can then return to the call in progress and take a message for the pastor call back at another time. 

This is a very common practice for any business. But it I cannot find how to give the pastor an option to take the call and then return to the caller if he cannot take the call. 

Thank you!