question

bruce-mulberry1 avatar image
bruce-mulberry1 asked chad-jaquays commented

Warm transfers

We need warm transfer capability for soft phones. This is something that we expected when we switched to Ring Central, but is not happening.

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered le-goff13673 commented
I'm pretty sure theres a warm and blind transfer on the soft phone. The deskphones require a few steps to do each style transfer.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

le-goff13673 avatar image le-goff13673 commented ·
only on windows SoftPhone, on chrome extension and android app we don't have warm transfert
0 Likes 0 ·
bruce-mulberry1 answered
According to the tech at support and a tech support supervisor, there is no capability to do a warm transfer on the soft phone. Meaning, that as a receptionist, I cannot contact the boss, ask if he wants to take the call, and then return to the caller to take a message if the boss cannot talk at that time. This is a common task that regular phone hardware does all the time. But not with Ring Central soft phones. That is disappointing.
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered chad-jaquays commented
Hi Bruce, 

If you do not have a Digital Line (DL) on your extension, the warm transfer option is not available. In order to complete this type of request, the system requires a DL on the extension. If you do have a Digital Line, you should have a transfer option, and then be able to select warm transfer. 

When conducting a warm transfer follow these steps:
1) Answer the call
2) Select the transfer button (no need to put them on hold):

3) Select the individual you would like to have the call go to (the warm transfer button will be grey until you do)
4) The Warm Transfer button will become active and then you'll press it and it will call the individual. Once they answer, select the Complete Transfer button

13 comments
1 |3000

sydney-bartholomew14759 avatar image sydney-bartholomew14759 commented ·
Thank you for the update! I've switched to the Glip mobile app for now. Looking forward to the next release update!

Thanks again,
Sydney
1 Like 1 ·
Hi, I have a similar problem. I have tried the instructions above, but after selecting the person I want to transfer to, it sends the call to that person. It does not take me back to the screen in the last picture to give me the option to click either Warm Transfer or Blind Transfer. I am using the RingCentral Mobile App, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Sydney,

There isn't a button to warm transfer on the mobile app. We have a feature request that you can vote on for the idea here ! You're still able to warm transfer without the button on the app, there are just additional steps involved. When you have the caller on the line, dial:

##*1 (pause) enter 10 digit number. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you, Jessica. Will that work if its an extension number I need to transfer the call to? Also, I noticed that this vote is going on 3 years now...any chance it will be taken care of soon? Sydney
0 Likes 0 ·
Scratch that. I just received a call and tried to do the warm transfer to a co-workers extension and it was unsuccessful. At first it did nothing, but when I hit ##*1 again it asked me to enter the extension I was trying to transfer it to, so I did, and it did a Blind Transfer over to my co-worker. If it's not an option to do a Warm Transfer to an extension, this is something that I believe would be a great addition. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sydney
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
bruce-mulberry1 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Thank you for your reply. Perhaps I am not using the right terminology. We are a church office that has switched to VoIP. With our old phones, in the traditional way, the receptionist can buzz the pastor that he has a call. The pastor can choose whether or not to take the call at that time. The receptionist can then return to the call in progress and take a message for the pastor call back at another time. 

This is a very common practice for any business. But it I cannot find how to give the pastor an option to take the call and then return to the caller if he cannot take the call. 

Thank you!
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Bruce, 

Take a look at our Call Park option, I think it'll do the trick for what you are looking for! You can view more information about it here !
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app