Question

Texting on Desktop App: Not working

• 9 January 2019
  • 5 replies

My texting on the desktop application working intermittently today. Any suggestions? Not working now - or a few hours ago - was working in the interim though. Frustrating!

5 replies

Hey Liz, best thing to do would be start taking notes about when this is happening and open a case so we can look into it

I also am having trouble. There is no longer an option to send a new text. Only allows to enter a name or email address. How can I text from the desktop app now?

No....that does not allow me to send a SMS to a number NOT in my RC contacts. I am a doctor doing video tele-health calls with patients and I'd like to send them a link to get the app and join a meeting thru ringcentral SMS so that they don't see my personal phone number.
No, at my end the only choice I have is "Enter name or email". No option for entering phone number1
I don't know what I am doing wrong but in my "Phone" tab, there is a text tab but it only allows me to see tests sent to me which are none. Does NOT allow me to send a new text to anyone!