question

leasing-department14203 avatar image
leasing-department14203 asked miguel-ali commented

Texts Not Sending?

Twice in a couple weeks now, the texts I sent from the RingCentral app.glip.com page from my desktop (using a Chomebook) to my cell phone (AT&T) never went through. I rely HEAVILY on texting from my Chromebook using the app.glip.com page, and now I'm beginning to wonder if many other people are not getting my texts, also. Anyone have any suggestions?

sending sms
25 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Leasing Department, please contact our Support Team so we can gather more details and investigate. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
patrick-fulop avatar image patrick-fulop commented ·
I'm having this same issue, started only a few weeks ago. This is a HUGE problem! I cannot run a business in which response time is critical without knowing for sure my text messages are getting delivered. Been running tests with messages to my cell phone, and so far I've determined that when emojis, apostrophes ('), as well as accents (, , etc.), are included, the messages don't get delivered... But not always. Already have an open case about this, please fix ASAP. Just make it work. Thanks. 
0 Likes 0 ·
dean-kirby avatar image dean-kirby commented ·
Sorry to be lame about this, but I have been trying to figure out how to send a text message using the desktop app or web interface.  I even tried with the new mobile app and could only get a question about whether I wanted to invite someone to RingCentral.  I don't want to invite anyone, I just want to send a text message

Dean
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ dean-kirby commented ·
Hey Djune, 

Are you receiving any specific error when trying to send a text? 
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ dean-kirby commented ·
Hi Dean, 

Check out these articles on how to send an SMS: 

Android
iOS
RingCentral App Desktop
RingCentral Phone App
0 Likes 0 ·
djune-altaire avatar image djune-altaire dean-kirby commented ·
unable to send outbound sms
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
djune-altaire avatar image djune-altaire commented ·
Yes. All of my messages were notified as 'Message is not sent'. I can't even send a single message successfully.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ djune-altaire commented ·
Please open a case with our Tech Support team so they can confirm what is happening to your account that is preventing messages being sent. 

0 Likes 0 ·
anel-kantarevic avatar image anel-kantarevic commented ·
I am having the same issue and have been chatting with a rep for almost an hour. They have no solution for me yet. We've tried re-installing the app, logging on and off, using different devices. Nothing is working so they will have to escalate it to a Tier 2. 

update:
This is really bad when so many customers are having these issues, that RingCentral is not being proactive in implementing a solution that will address the issues across the board. I now have to wait 24 hours for a Tier 2 rep to contact me as the individual I was speaking with wasn't able to identify what is causing the message fail issues.
0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ anel-kantarevic commented ·
Anel, 
We understand that this is frustrating, but we're not seeing many customers with this issue at this time. 
It's good that you have a case created with Tier 2, as they will be the best at assisting you with this issue. 
In the meantime, if we hear about information pertaining to your issue, we'll post about it here. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app