Question

Caller ID no longer showing on incoming calls forwarded to mobile calls

• 21 February 2019
  • 20 replies

• Participating Frequently
  • 5 replies

I blieve this is a bug on ringcentral as it started happening a couple of days ago. No setting was changed/updated and I went through trouble shooting with a customer service rep for 2 hours. I tested with another cell phone provider.

Reporting system bug:

Under Call handling & forwarding: I have the following set up:

Incoming calls forward in this order: simultaneously

1) Desktop & mobile apps

2) VVX-601 desk phone

3) Mobile phone

Then under Settings: Incoming Call Information: Display Incoming Caller ID is selected

However, on my mobile phone, Called Number is showing instead of Displayed Incoming Caller ID starting a couple of days ago.

Could you report this to the tech teams and get back to me?

20 replies

Hey WON, I see you have case 08312094 open right now. Please continue to work with your Support Rep so that they can gather some more samples :) Once they gather what our higher tier support needs in order to do a deeper investigation, they should escalate your case (unless your current rep figures it out :) )
Hi, I spent a couple of hours and nothing worked. I think ringcentral should check if this is a system-wide issue as many people will not realize this.

This started happening to me as well around 4 days ago. I've made no changes to my settings.
Hmm, I see that I am not the only one...
Im having this issue as well. It started 2/14
Hey everyone, Support will need to investigate and gather more details :)
Mine too. And on my phone it initially shows up as potential spam
This is a known issue and there isn't a fix as of yet.  Just spent 45 mins on the phone with support to confirm that the issue lies in the Call Que because when you call the direct phone number of the landline the forwarded call displays caller ID info correctly.  I hope this gets fixed soon...we pay a premium price for this service and basic things like caller ID should be a non issue.

It has now been one full month of us experiencing this issue with no resolution.
Without notice the bug "fixed itself" 2 days ago at least for our account.
Still same issue...
Just observation: When a caller ID shows "anonymous" on ringcentral, it shows unknown on my forwarded cell phone. So, it selectively shows caller ID only for some calls.   
RC finally fixed it. It's showing caller ID now.
You're lucky, I just tested mine, and it's still not working correctly. 
Mine still isn't working either. I've given up hope at this point. 
Mine started working on Friday, but as of today, it's no longer working correctly. 
For the time being, mine is working properly again. I've made no changes on my end.
Mine is still not working.
This needs to be fixed ASAP! Mine is doing the same thing, when calls are forwarded to our cell's there is no way to see what the phone number is in our log to pull the recording. 
Hey WON, in order to see if this is indeed a bug, you will still need to work with Support. Here on the Community, we do not have the resources or access needed to properly investigate and gather the information that our Product Team needs.