question

frank-canace15818 avatar image
frank-canace15818 asked ·

I am trying to make an outgoing call and when I click on the green phone icon it says internal calls only. Why?

can anyone help me with this?
General Topic
10 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Frank, sounds like the Admin on your account has set your permissions this way. You'll want to speak with them about it.
1 Like 1 ·
Hello Saadet, where could we change the permissions to allow the users to make outgoing calls? Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Joanna! If you're an Admin on the account and you have a Premium or Ultimate tier you will see the option to set a Custom Role for your users :) This article explains it!
0 Likes 0 ·
The User role we have indicates they should be able to make outgoing calls. Using the iPhone they can. The Windows 10 app however shows a disabled call button and it says "internal calls only". We are Premium Tier.

Can you walk through what the settings should be so the Windows 10 app allows outgoing calls?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

We had that problem today and found there was no option under Settings>Phone to edit or confirm the Emergency Address. There was no button for it at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows app, same version that hadn't worked, and during initial sign in it prompted for the EA and confirming it made external calling work again.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app