question

dan-miller avatar image
dan-miller asked danno147 commented

Simultaneous Ring & Voicemail

I would like my Ring Central Phone and my Land Line to ring simultaneously, after a couple rings to forward to my Cell phone and then go to my Ring Central Voicemail. Can someone outline how I do that? Thanks for the Help!

call forwardingvoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered danno147 commented
B4 providing the H2D outline, just want to clarify....
Step One - incoming call rings RC IP phone and POTS line simultaneously (how many rings?)
Step Two - after the number of rings in step one, you want your cellphone to ring (do you want the RC IP phone & POTS line to stop ringing?)
Step Three - After N/A on the three phone above, end up in the VM for your RC phone, right? 

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Make sure you select Sequentially from the drop down box.  Additionally, I would advice against using your app for incoming calls (you can still use it for outgoing calls).  Until RC updates their system to the 21st century, and allows you to set when the APP comes into play in the call handling, it will only wreak havoc with your desired solution from your original post.  Hope this helps.
1 Like 1 ·
Do you have a VM on your cellphone?  If yes, If I called your cell phone directly (not via RC), how many rings before your cellphone VM answers?
0 Likes 0 ·
Last question.  Are you using the RC APP on your cellphone? 
0 Likes 0 ·
dan-miller avatar image dan-miller commented ·
Ring Central and Landline to ring simultaneously for 3 rings, then forward to cell phone for 3 rings and then go to RC Voicemail.  Presently my cell phone voicemail answers after 3 rings on cell.  I have just installed the RC app on cell phone.
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
dan-miller avatar image
dan-miller answered danno147 commented
I've done this and deleted Ring Central app on my cell phone.  Phones appear to be forwarding, but I'm not getting Voicemails that people are leaving.  Thoughts?
4 comments
1 |3000

Could be a couple of things.  Best to test on your end so you know where the call is going.  Call you number, don't answer and see if you get your RC VM greeting or your cellphone VM greeting.
Let me know what you get/got?
0 Likes 0 ·
dan-miller avatar image dan-miller commented ·
If I call my Ring Central number, the call simultaneously rings on my landline, then forwards to cell and then goes to my RC voicemail.
If I call my Landline or my cell, they both go to my cell phone VM.  
0 Likes 0 ·
Perfect.  That means we have the #of rings correct on the cellphone.  Now to the VM - is your MW light on your RC ip phone illuminating when you have a new message? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Go to your "Messages & Notifications" and make sure (1) the Message Recipient is your extension (2) under Settings / Notifications (still under Messages & Notification) make sure all your notifications setting are correct. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app