question

deborah-overbeck14525 avatar image
deborah-overbeck14525 asked deborah-overbeck14525 answered

Hold Issue on Conference Ph: Whenever a call is placed on hold, phone start ringing out

I've been having this issue with our conference phone for months and no rep is able to fix it. Whenever a call is put on hold, the person on hold hears continuous ringing as if the call is dialing out.

I've been able to set hold music/tones for regular lines but the conference phone doesn't show that option. Has anyone else had this issue??

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
What is the model of the phone anyhow did you provision it with RingCentral?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

deborah-overbeck14525 answered
It's a  Polycom VVX311. We went through all the initial set up steps with RC
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Can you share a screenshot of the Screening, Greeting & Hold Music section for that user?  I don't understand how you would not see the option for hold music.

1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
You don't have to share anything sensitive or anything at all really.  Just look at that section and see if it looks like this or not.  I think the forum has a problem uploading images now, but you can see it here:  https://imgur.com/4Nhifav

1 |3000

Sure, can you contact me directly? I'd prefer not to post a photo of our company poral/our phone numbers.
1 |3000

1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
You need to look under the user, not the phone.  But, I see these are limited extensions which I am not very familiar with.  If you go to users can you find the Screening, Greeting & Hold Music section for 3005?
1 |3000

That line isn't under  Users because it is not assigned to a user. It is a common area phone; listed under  Phones & Devices.  Are you unfamiliar with this also?
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I am not sure.  I see 3005 listed as assigned to the device in your screenshot.  I guess you can't see that user or if you can, you don't see the Screening, Greeting & Hold Music section?

1 |3000

april-thompson1 avatar image
april-thompson1 answered
Does that conf phone have a presence listed and is the box checked that says ring my phone when monitoring another phone?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app