question

michael-cummings14550 avatar image
michael-cummings14550 asked Welcome commented

Extend dialing time?

Is there a way to extend the amount of time a user has to dial a number when using their desk phone? We have Polycom VVX311's and some folks have had trouble dialing a number especially one they are not familiar with before it times out.

hardware
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Georgette Alley avatar image Georgette Alley commented ·

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andy Cunningham avatar image
Andy Cunningham answered Welcome commented

I followed the link Becky added and changed my Digitmap Timeout to all 15 seconds. My phones still timeout after 3 seconds. I changed it through the web interface. I also downloaded the config file, edited it manually, reuploaded it. They still time out after 3 seconds. This setting does not change anything."Digitmap Impossible Match" also does nothing.

1 comment
1 |3000

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

@Andy Cunningham might be because your phone is set up via assisted provisioning - so whatever you configure gets overwritten by the config on the provisioning server.

If this is correct you have 2 options.
1. Remove the provisioning string pp.ringcentral.com/pp from the phone and then provision the phone manually with SIP credentials.
2. Stick with assisted provisioning and get RingCentral to do a custom config for your phone, which will overwrite the default config on their provisioning server.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app