Question

SIP Attack

• 16 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Every 3 to 5 minutes I am receiving a call that is not being recorded on the ring central server. It is even a blocked number. It usually comes in as 8889207896. Earlier in the day I think it cam in as SIP vicious 101

I believe this may be what is called a SIP attach directly to my Polycom vvx 201.

Does anyone have a resolution for this type of problem. Ringcentral support had no solution and my ISP had no solution. Is there a way to block this fake call inside the polycom phone?

5 replies

Hi Greg, 

Check out this KB article on how to lock down the SIP ports on the router. 
Thanks Jessica.  I saw that one earlier but my phone is not going through my router. 
Its sounds like your phone is exposed to direct inbound internet connections. That is dangerous and you need to get the phone behind a firewall or at the very least behind your providers router/modem without any inbound ports open to the phone(s).
In our situation, it is the opposite: our RingCentral phones will make outbound calls every few minutes to a recently dialed number. It will go on for hours until you yank the power off the phone. Has anyone experienced this before? 

I've read the KB Article and we all work from home. Where do I enter these ip addresses? Our phones are set up through Ringcentral's website, we don't use RIngCentral cloud. Help?