question

michael-mcfann avatar image
michael-mcfann asked J.B. Ferguson commented

Can I transfer a call to an extension that will then forward the call to a third party?

We often get calls where we tell the caller to call another number (not part of our company). We would like to forward the caller to that other number without having to dial it. The idea was to transfer the call to a special extension that has a call handling rule to forward to the 3rd party number.

Would this work?

Thanks

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Have you tried it? The easiest way to tell would be to create what you want to do and call it from another number to see if it works.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
I can help you with that. Contact me and I can explain...(931) 324-2400
1 Like 1 ·
michael-mcfann avatar image michael-mcfann commented ·
We are not yet on RingCentral. The question came up and I thought I would ask the experts.
0 Likes 0 ·
michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
This will work, BUT note that for any months that you transfer more than 10 calls you will get charged that month for an extra mobile user (= 1 digital line monthly fee $39 - $49 approx).
1 comment
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Not when it originates from a digital line. It all depends on how he would actually set it up.  I do that for one of my clients to an answering service and they don't get charged. I verified my setup first with RingCentral.
BTW, it's not more that 10 calls...an extra mobile user would be charged ON the 10th call, either inbound or outbound.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app