question

david-shirk1639 avatar image
david-shirk1639 asked gregory-yaschuk1449 answered

Bring back Call Duration in RingCentral Phone's call log info "event details" screen

We are a U.S. law firm that uses RingCentral soft phones. With the last update we lost the ability to see the call duration by clicking the i button in the call log to see event details. Now we have to open the browser based call log to see duration of the call we just ended. See related post asking for duration to appear in the call log without clicking to view event details, which we would appreciate. The solution for that post was to click the phone icon to show duration of call in progress, but that is not accessible once disconnected. We need to be able to look at duration after the call to record time without resorting to the cumbersome process of signing into the web app call log.

Lets vote this up to restore functionality that was useful and should never have been removed.

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey David, what version of the RingCentral Phone app are you on?
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-shirk1639 avatar image david-shirk1639 commented ·
Version: 19.3.4.36528

Call Log Event Details Screen:

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey David, that's a Missed Call which won't show the information you're looking for. Do you see this for active calls?
0 Likes 0 ·
david-shirk1639 avatar image david-shirk1639 commented ·
Yep, my bad on posting that image. Not sure what changed, but yesterday I was looking at connected calls and didn't see anything between the telephone numbers where this shows "Missed Call." Today I do. Same calls I looked at yesterday to get duration now show "Outgoing Call" or "Incoming Call" with duration where the image above shows Missed Call.

I guess you can mark this one resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·
No worries! Let us know if something changes
0 Likes 0 ·
margaret-fuquea3645 avatar image
margaret-fuquea3645 answered saadetswift16514 commented
I just updated last week version 19.3.4.36528 and just checked this out and the duration is missing.  This is not a good thing RC.
1 comment
1 |3000

Thanks for providing the version number. Could you share with me a screen shot of what you do see? You can blur out things you don't want shown
0 Likes 0 ·
gregory-yaschuk1449 avatar image
gregory-yaschuk1449 answered
RingCentral Phone does not show duration of a missed call. You can see it on the detail page of a regular call.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app