question

clement avatar image
clement asked ·

HUD in the Ring Central App (GLIP)

I've heard that the desktop phone app will eventually be phased out. The HUD is a favorite feature in our office since the staff can see other staffers' status and who they're speaking with. Will the HUD functionality be incorporated into the Ring Central (Glip) app? If so, when? If not, why not? Thanks!
General Topic
13 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I agree - we are using the Ring Central (Glip) App and are finding that lack of presence/HUD is causing a lot of problems particularly for customer facing teams.

I would like to be able to solve this without having to get another vendor and product involved.
2 Likes 2 ·
We use Bridge Operator Console with RingCentral.  We had an attendant console solution with our prior PBX system as well.  It is a stretch to expect 1 program to fit the needs of every type of employee beyond the common basic ones.  That is a recipe for an app that doesn't perform, or is riddled with bugs.  For one, I am glad that RingCentral stays in their lane, and lets their partners bring expertise to the ecosystem.  It is one of the reasons with chose RingCentral over Microsoft Teams, they have basically abandoned their partners, and the striking lack of 3rd party add ons has left their users and resellers in a tough spot.
1 Like 1 ·
Thanks Melissa!
0 Likes 0 ·

The HUD has been there for the three plus years that our company has used RC. We rely on it, and it was a factor in us selecting Ring Central to begin with. How are they "not staying in their lane" by preserving it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Yes we would love this feature for working from home! Would be super helpful. 
1 Like 1 ·
Yes, this feature would help since I am working from home most of the time.
1 Like 1 ·

Losing HUD is the worst decision you could make, RC. It made your program useful, and now it is soooo much less useful. I am considering other vendors, because any company that would remove the best part of a program without asking their clients does not deserve my business.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered ·

Hello there! HUD will be the plan to add, and we are working on it. Please vote HERE! Thank you!

4 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hud should not be "in the plan", or being "worked on", it should be mandatory. The old app HAS to be kept working until there is a HUD available on the new app. Removing it is stupid and thoughtless, fix it before you make us change. Period.

0 Likes 0 ·

@peter-andersen This functionality is coming in Q2. Please standby. We'll be sure to update the Community and the Ideas Portal when it becomes available!

1 Like 1 ·
cheryl-parrish avatar image cheryl-parrish Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ ·

thank you

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Oak Norton avatar image
Oak Norton answered ·

We went with Ring Central after seeing the HUD in the phone app because we needed that functionality. After implementation, we discovered call parking is a terrible experience for our receptionists. We wanted to use individual park lines on phones and got it all set up and then realized that on the HUD, PRIOR to having a call come in, a receptionist can filter/search for a user and see the user and their park line like this:

John Doe

Park John Doe

However, if they are ON A CALL and click the park line, all they get is a single file list of all employees and park locations which they have to scroll through without the ability to search/filter. That's insane and unworkable when we have 90 employees and 90 park slots. Please tell me the new version of the software HUD will have the ability to quickly filter for a name to select. We're really hating RC right now.

1 comment

Hi Oak Norton,

You may create a separate post regarding this. Just click "Share an idea" button on the upper part of this site. screen-shot-2021-01-07-at-41112-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
rickkee6997 avatar image
rickkee6997 answered ·

If the feature will be available in quarter 2....... Why am I being nagged that it will stop working sometime in 05/2021? Why am I told NOW is the time to switch (to a half-baked program)

How the heck can I tell who is on the phone and make a decision to transfer the call to a "LIVE" agent? (with this DEAD-AZ app)

It is so riddled with bugs, even when you first open it up, the display isn't sized right and have to fuss to find out it is something I will never need or use, but have to look at every time I open it.

rc-rubbish.png

Aside from that, it is TWICE the size as the RC Phone app and hogs half my monitor on small laptop screen. Worthless app. Please issue a "lite" version.

rc-app-new-client-too-fat.png

Also, cannot select multiple calls in the log to delete, like you can in the PERFECT "Legacy" RC PHONE app.

rc-no-option-to-delete-multiple-calls.png

2 comments

I agree with all of this. I need a small app & need the HUD

1 Like 1 ·

We are happy to facilitate with your Account Manager to delay any transitions until you have the features that are required for your teams.

I understand that this doesn't happen as fast as any of us would like, but our Community team is sharing your feedback with the Product team regularly.

0 Likes 0 ·
peter-andersen avatar image
peter-andersen answered ·

I am not sure who my account manager is any longer, feel free to reach out to me outside of this chat and let me know that you have contacted my account manager and let them know that we do not want a cutover date for the new program until the HUD is installed. Note that this is not your fault, but you are left answering angry users. Note2: the rollout of the app happens really fast, why can't the fix to the app happen just as fast? If updates can be created with huge holes and rolled out to the world, it seems fixing those holes should take little time and then rolled out to the world. Some foresight would be beneficial for future updates, actually contacting users to see what they use in an app before updating it. It seems there are a lot of people out here that would have said HUD was essential.

joey-rowell avatar image
joey-rowell answered ·

Hey Everyone, I have heard the Ringcentral Glip (classic) app is transitioning to Ringcentral Glip (not classic) in like a month. We use Ringcentral Phone and Ringcentral Glip, the users that like the HUD are using the RingCentral Phone. When i talked to our customer success manager, they made it sound like the only thing being phased out is Ringcentral Glip (classic), it sounded like RingCentral Phone is going to stay active for a while. But reading these messages, i am a bit concerned. Has anyone else heard differently?

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered ·

Hi Everyone,

On April 9, 2021, you will no longer have access to the RingCentral Phone mobile app. Rest assured, you will still have access to the RingCentral phone desktop app for advanced calling features such as HUD. Product Team have also mentioned that HUD Beta on the new RingCentral app will be available this 04/12 . Hang tough on this! We will keep you updated.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app