We have a need that support has not been able to assist with to date.
Caller calls in to main line and request Service through IVR (this works and goes to a single extension today)
We want to add a group between the IVR and the single extension.
For the group, we wanted the following:
1) Ring for (4) specific users
2) Ring all their devices (Hard phone, soft phone, mobile phone) simultaneously
3) Wanted the feature under Phone system groups that allowed us to set the Caller ID so when a service call came in, the users could see it was a service line call
Thing we tried and why it didn't work
1) Created a User Extension, put all (4) people in a ring group on simultaneous ring, added the single extension to the end of call handling sequentially after the group. ISSUES: Did not allow users to see it was a service line call, Would only allow us to assign Hard and Soft Phones (no mobiles). If we could add mobiles to queue, it would at least work.
2) Created a Phone System Group. It allows all four users, all devices, and resolves caller ID issue. ISSUE: If the group does not answer, there is no way to forward out the call to the single extension. It only allows for forwarding to voicemail
Support on the most recent attempt offered three potential solutions:
1) Somehow modify the voicemail to allow for an option out - Please leave a voicemail at the tone. If you want to be transferred to service, press 1. The 1 would transfer to the single extension. Mgt didn't like us forcing a customer to make selections in the middle of the process.
2) The single extension was just an extension without a direct number. If we purchased a number for the extension, we might be able to forward to the direct number. We are willing to try this but the case didn't have the notes we discussed on how to do this. I am trying to get from support now.
3) Heard there was a BETA where forwarding out from a group would be expanded to voicemail or an extension. Thinking exactly what we need but no luck so far getting on the BETA.
Anyone out there have ideas or potential work around that might help us? Or, maybe how to try option 2 above?