question

rickkee12 avatar image
rickkee12 asked rickkee12 answered

RCApp - last update and I cannot even dial a number, have to enter 1 first -incorrectly formatted

Since the last upgrade, (version doesn't seem to be available in the app) a few days ago, all my personal contacts phone numbers are formatted incorrectly. They still work fine in the desktop app. The phone numbers have all changed to +40(73)9999. In order to call I need to manually enter 1-407-739-9999. Additionally, 1 has to be entered first. Moving back to the LEGACY app that works. *** Please do not force this update UNTIL IT IS READY, and FULLY FUNCTIONAL, like the Legacy app.

Better yet, throw a hand-grenade into the server that hosts it and start over!

I need a PHONE app, not a backwards, upside-down "messaging" app.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
This is a known issue on Android, and should have been resolved by a patch released today. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rose-mary-colorafi avatar image
rose-mary-colorafi answered
TEST THINGS OUT BEFORE YOU LAUNCH!!!!! MULTIPLE ISSUES WITH RINGCENTRAL, NEVER A YEAR GOES BY WITHOUT A TIME WASTING PROBLEM

1 |3000

rickkee12 avatar image
rickkee12 answered
Maybe known to you, but not me.  Please consider to be considerate and email me, or post the issue with a banner across the top of the forum?  Wasted 45 minutes with this. This morning there was no notification an update was available, I had to go to the PlayStore and fetch it manually.  I don't have time for the PlayStore or to be a RingCentral Pre-Beta-Canary tester.  I'm at WORK and need to make and receive PHONE CALLS,period.    

Stop trying to fool me with fake, "Its Time to Move to RingCentral App"  Its not ready.  Multiple things are broken, more things break with each release.  Its not intuitive, It has text and phone buttons in the wrong places, It takes 2-3 times more clicks to get to what you need.  And some things you cannot get to at all.   To describe the experience in one word, at this time, "COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE"  

Can you share any customer comments by anyone who is not paid by RingCentral to say they love it, and how much better it is, and how their business depends on it?  No.  Because it just all wrong.  Nothing but complaints. 

The money you are trying to make by forcing migration from RingCentral Phone, (Because billing can still be circumvented with the Phone App) will be 10 times
offset by help desk support calls and customer churn.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app