question

vanessa-pretorius avatar image
vanessa-pretorius asked geekmom9256 commented

Transfer call from RC number to Cell number

Hi, If I were to answer a call, can I transfer a call to a cellphone number(not RC number)?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
After you answer, one of the buttons showing in the app is Transfer.  Click that and then enter the number you want to transfer to.  You can choose to do a warm or blind transfer.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/RingCentral-Phone-Transfer-a-Call?language=en_US
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

geekmom9256 avatar image
geekmom9256 answered
If you want to set it up in the website, go to your RingCentral site, Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding > Settings and edit Call Flip. You can set up a "Flip" shortcut by simply dialing *1 or *2 , etc. and adding a phone number to that shortcut.
1 |3000

vanessa-pretorius answered geekmom9256 commented
Thank you.

2 comments
1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
If you have admin permission these instructions should get you going... you won't be able to give the other user's RC number to another individual unless the first individual is disabled and deleted.  If, instead, you want the new user's phone to ALSO ring when that first number is dialed, you can do that in Call Handling & Forwarding.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/9483?language=en_US

0 Likes 0 ·
geekmom9256 avatar image geekmom9256 commented ·
I don't know how to change the extension on an existing DID, we have always maintained the DID and ext. and just assigned a new name to it. Sorry!
0 Likes 0 ·
vanessa-pretorius answered
I have been trying to get hold of RC for 3 days now and no luck. None of my Cases are attended to.

Do you know how to create a new user and give that user another user's RC number with a new extension. And then removing the other users RC number.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app