Question

Hello, I have multiple users getting a pop up when they try to log into Ring Central --javascript error

Javascript error pop up when trying to log into Ring Central

19 replies

No I was unable to submit this case in the usual case portal. It was giving me an error trying to sign in. So I went here for other support.
Thanks
RC technical support issue. Has a case been posted to RC Support? 
We are seeing this too for version 20.2.2.  We had to go into the appdata folder and run the exe for 20.2.1 as a workaround. Hoping they get it fixed. 
Great work on finding a WORK-around ! Though, it's a shame these kinds of problems occur. 
Same issue with many users.  No work-around ability as file is not there.
This is the kind of stuff we IT service providers don't need during this global crisis.  RC please don't push out updates or changes during this!
I second the motion.
Is anyone using a VDI and experiencing this error?  
Yes, ours are running Windows Server 2016. 
This is happening in our 2012 and 2016 VDI environment.  It is caused by version 20.2.2 auto updating.  version 20.2.1 is OK.  We had to uninstall 20.2.2 and push 20.2.1 with a custom json file so as to NOT auto-update.
This is also happening to us on a virtual machine.
The excuse I got from support was it's not compatible with a Server OS.  It worked just fine with 20.2.1. 
Our organization was affected by this problem last Friday. We are in an RDS environment where the RC application had been working well. We opened a support ticket last week, and have done probably more testing and troubleshooting than we should have to determine what's going on. We provided this detail to support, and that ticket remains open.

Thanks to Amanda B for her suggestion to use the 20.2.1 executable directly; that is a viable workaround for us now. I urge RingCentral's devs to focus on this soon, please.
I also have this error. I am on hold with RC tech support phone line now. 
If someone else running Windows Server could try to confirm, this error resolved for me after installing Wireless Lan Services (via Add Roles and Features), even though the machine is not on a wireless network.
One of my users is getting this error on a mac OSX install. Sorry for the photo, this is what I was sent. Could someone post the solution or workaround or is there an update at this stage?

Can anyone confirm if they are still experiencing this issue if they use the web browser version at app.glip.com?
I just received confirmation from our product team that a fix is coming mid July. 
Aaaargh.... I was able to login at https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US and update one of my many support cases. 

The pop-up describes an error related to GLIP and an RC class. First inclination is to uninstall GLIP.

Our install base only uses RC admin, no users use any of the apps or Web apps or GLIP. Too many issues.