question

brimestone1479 avatar image
brimestone1479 asked Leonard leWang Deactivated edited

SMS rate limit

Can i get a clarification on this one. I know there is a rate limit on Authentication, is there a limit on outbound SMS as well?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brimestone1479 answered
I have a need to send identical SMS to 80+ users. How do i achieve this without hitting the 50 Rate limit
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
To send the SMS to all 80+ users at the same time without delay, send the message from 2 extensions where each extension will have a separate rate limit. Break your users into groups of 50 or less and send from separate extensions where each extension has a SMS capable phone number. The numbers can be either direct numbers or digital lines.

Does that help resolve this situation?
1 |3000

brimestone1479 answered
Yes, that could work but it will be coming from two numbers instead of just one. 
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
Is it important that everyone receive the SMS from the same number? If so, why is that the case here?

This limit is not configurable at the moment but it's good to get more information on use cases.
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

It would have been a good option if rate-limit configure option would have been provided to the users to configure on their API. Need an enhancement if possible, that will reduce complexity and empower user to put the rate-limit as per their use case without involving Dev support team in every case.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys