question

lori-van-groningen avatar image
lori-van-groningen asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Remote Agent to Agent Call Shadowing for WFH - Does it Exist?

Is there a feature that allows a new trainee to remotely observe/shadow another agent's calls? Due to COVID-19 and social-distancing guidelines, and working from home, I need to identify a new process since side-by-side observation is no longer an option.  I'm wondering if there is a feature similar to "Coach" in the Supervisor portion of the Contact Center/Max Agent.  
contact center
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

liam-andrews avatar image liam-andrews commented ·
I don't know of another feature for doing that, if it were me I might try to build a new role with supervisor permissions limited to listening only, if that is possible
1 Like 1 ·
lori-van-groningen avatar image lori-van-groningen liam-andrews commented ·
Liam, I wondered about that as well.  Thank you so much for the suggestion!  I will definitely explore that option if there is no feature currently in place.  I appreciate you responding! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Jenny Manning avatar image Jenny Manning commented ·

Hi,

Did this way work for call coaching? I'm looking for something similar.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jenny Manning commented ·

Hi Jenny, this feature is not available. You may submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·
lori-van-groningen avatar image lori-van-groningen commented ·

I do agree this is much-needed, and it should not require anyone to submit a feature request. Clearly this is needed for all of us, and I hope that RingCentral is proactively working to add this functionality!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jenny Manning avatar image
Jenny Manning answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

I found that Call monitoring works really well, you're able to have the trainer do the talking and the trainee can listen in or vise versa. You also have the ability to whisper in the trainee ear to help coach them along. It was a feature that had to be turned on but it was included in the package that we purchased.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @Jenny Manning!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app