question

chets-4 avatar image
chets-4 asked Kushal Dsouza commented

Playing Recorded Audio Over Ring Central Call

We are using RingCentral's computer app with the phone icon with bluetooth headsets. We have this super long terms and conditions text we have to read the customer and then wait for them to say "I agree". I thought it would be really great if we could just play a pre-recorded terms and conditions audio which asks them at the end to say "I agree". At which point we know they have accepted.

What would be the best way to do this? I've been looking around trying to find the best option but most are super complicated and I think they will cause issues for our sales people.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know a good possible solution?

Thank you!

phone
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael Juozokas avatar image Michael Juozokas commented ·

BUMP. I would like to do this too.

1 Like 1 ·
sandi6357 avatar image sandi6357 commented ·
Heck, after many years, I still can't figure how to play real music, change holiday songs for incoming, hold, and transfer, for each person!
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered Kushal Dsouza commented

I've done this for a client. It's not perfect, but it works for small scale instances.

Essentially, for each agent that needs to send clients to this message, you would create a separate IVR per agent. So, if the agents name is Billy, you'd name the IVR "Billy's Greeting IVR" or whatever you'd like. Upload your full greeting to this IVR, but instead of the "say agree" part, simply phrase it as "if you accept, press one". You would then create a separate call queue for Billy called "IVR Ringback - Agree" that is mapped to key press 1. That way, billy knows that it's the client who pressed one that is coming back to speak to him, vs a potentially live call. If the client does not agree, create another queue for Billy called "IVR Ringback - Disagree" or whatever you'd want to label it. Just something that gives details about the client's key press so the agent can answer accordingly.

A few caveats:

- if the agent is part of multiple queues and a client presses the Ringback option, the agent may not be notified if they've answered another call depending on your call flow.

- it's not intended for handling multiple clients at one time.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kushal Dsouza avatar image Kushal Dsouza commented ·

@tak-it1 Once you set up the IVR per agent and the call queue's that are mapped to the key press, how do you initiate the playback of the recording from within a live call?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app