question

andrey-demenev247 avatar image
andrey-demenev247 asked benjamin-dean answered

Parameter [brandId] is invalid

When I send a request to https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token, I receive the following:

{

"error" : "invalid_client",

"error_description" : "Access to account denied.",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-101",

"message" : "Parameter [brandId] is invalid",

"parameters" : [ {

"parameterName" : "brandId",

"parameterValue" : "3610"

} ]

} ]

}

The data sent in request body is:

access_token_ttl=&refresh_token_ttl=36000&grant_type=password&username=***********&password=*********************&extension=

Username and password are correct, when I try with wrong password returned error is different (Invalid resource owner credentials).

The phone number used is not from our own account, it's our client's

When I try to login using our own number, it works just fine.

App name is "1CRM RingCentral Connector", and application type is set to "Public"

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
I assume that your app is not authorized to work with RC Canada brand. By default all apps are only enabled for RC US so they can used only by RingCentral US customers. But I assume we can fix it for your app. Stay tuned.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered
Could you please try again. I have updated "1CRM RingCentral Connector" app adding RC Canada brand. 
1 |3000

andrey-demenev247 avatar image
andrey-demenev247 answered
Anton, VB, thank you! Now I am able to login. 

What is the reason for disabling Canada by default?

We also have many clients using our software in UK and all Europe, and some in Australia and Asia. If they decide to use RingCentral integration, we'll have this same problem again.

1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
I have submitted a ticket to Engineering to mass-enable all appropriate accounts, and to include enabling this feature as part of provisioning for any new on-boarding customers.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys