question

daniel-ferrara2722 avatar image
daniel-ferrara2722 asked daniel-ferrara2722 answered

Developer Support Professional Services

Dear Developer,

We are using Salesforce and the RingCentral Dialer.

May I hire a Developer to attach the call recording to the Salesforce record as a completed activity, either when a call is inbound or outbound?

Sincerely,

Daniel

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
RingCentral does have a Development Professional Services team.

I have forwarded this question to the managers for this team internally and you should hear from them sometime very soon.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

daniel-ferrara2722 answered
Thanks Benjamin :)
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
My pleasure.
1 |3000

Benjamin,

They misunderstood what I was asking for!

I was requesting Development Support Professional Services to help with configure the call records as attachments to completed activities on record in salesforce. Here is what they sent me!

Hi Daniel,

Good day! Thank you for contacting RingCentral Developer Support.

We understand that you're interested in a feature that's posted on the developer community. As of now, we have no update on when this will be an available feature. However, I'll be forwarding this case to our integrations team so they'll be able to provide us some light regarding this matter. You may receive an email as follow up on this inquiry.

Regards,

RingCentral Developer Support

1 |3000

So I replied to them with this!

Good Day to you too!

I was hoping to get developer support, to configure this. I know it is not a feature and I don't want to wait for the integrations department that could take a year or longer. 

Cheers!

1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Hey Daniel,

I have made this thread "private" anything shared here will no longer be publicly visible.

Not sure how you reached Developer Support from the email I sent to our Professional Services team, but let's get you back on track.

1. Yes, we do have a professional services team who is available for hire to do custom application development for our customers.
2. Since the email I sent to that group did not get the desired results, the fastest course of action would be to contact your RingCentral Account Executive and inform them that you have a custom application you need developed, you do not have the development staff, and would like to pay RingCentral Professional Services to help create this custom application/integration for your organization's needs.

The person whom I contacted yesterday from the Professional Services team, is on vacation currently (I didn't know this until after I sent the email to him). He won't be back until after August 15th, but I believe there are other members on that team who should be able to help get the ball rolling with you.

I would start with your RingCentral Account Executive since these folks are much more effective at getting action happening quickly in our organization.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Benjamin
1 |3000

Thanks Benjamin
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys