Question

HTTP Status Code: GatewayTimeout

• 13 December 2016
  • 3 replies

When trying to ringout I occasionally get {"HTTP Status Code: GatewayTimeout"} error on the ApiResponse. It seems random but I'd like to know what I can do to prevent it. I've tried cancelling the previous ringout but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the randomness of this error.

3 replies

I received some intermittent 504 Gateway Time-out yesterday in the Sandbox API. Are you seeing this in Sandbox or in Production API please?

I've proactively contacted our engineering team about this issue.

In the meantime, the best thing you can do is to have any UI or service workers not begin execution until you receive a 200 response from the RingOut asynchronously. This is easy to achieve using one of our SDKs (if you are not already using one: https://developers.ringcentral.com/library/sdks.html).
In the sandbox as I haven't put in for graduation yet for production.  I am actually getting this on the
ringout post: ApiResponse result = sdk.Platform.Post(request);

I also get it on cancel ringout: ApiResponse cancelResult = sdk.Platform.Delete(request);

I never see it on login or logout : var response = sdk.Platform.Login(PhoneNumber, Extension, Password, true);

sdk.Platform.Logout();

If it's an issue on your end that's fine I just need to know.  I'm just trying to find out if there's anything I'm doing wrong.

My softphone won't login now so there's definitely issues with the sandbox.