question

thomas-kuenzler1947 avatar image
thomas-kuenzler1947 asked ·

MaintenanceMode

I am trying to send a fax from my program it was working perfectly, then a few days ago I got this error:

{  "errorCode" : "MaintenanceMode",
  "message" : "Service is overloaded, please retry later",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "CMN-211",
    "message" : "Service is overloaded, please retry later"
  } ]
}

I have no clue what or why this is being caused.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
I have never seen this error before but it's quite obvious that it's a server side issue. I have reported this issue to our engineers and they will investigate and update you later.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered ·
It can happen from time to time, usually the error goes away if you retry your request within several seconds. Such response goes with 503 HTTP status code and "Retry-After" header which instructs you in what time (in seconds) you should retry your request. You can read more about error handling here:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#HttpStatusCodes.html

Anirban Sen Chowdhary avatar image
Anirban Sen Chowdhary answered ·

This maintenance mode error is very common and already discussed here in multiple thread like this https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/352/maintenance-mode.html

Just remember this is a temporary error

Don Kitchen avatar image
Don Kitchen answered ·

I have been doing various tests this AM and am getting that same error when making basic calls to the API status endpoint here: <production>/restapi/v1.0/status

I get it's temporary, but it seems pretty frequent!

"errorCode": "CMN-211",

"message": "Service is overloaded, please retry later"

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.