question

dave-welch avatar image
dave-welch asked Matthew Herbert answered

How long are recordings retained and available through the API?

We have been calling with Ring Central for over two years. We record every call. We can see the recordings in the call log on the Ring Central Admin portal but are unable to retrieve recordings older than 30 days via the API. Using the call-log method below will return records but not a media URL. Without this, we cannot download the recording. We would like to retrieve the recordings for the last 90 days. Is this possible using the API?

"https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/call-log?withRecording=true&perPage=1000...;

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered mary-community-moderator edited
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dave-welch avatar image
dave-welch answered
Thanks for the info
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
If you want to keep the recording longer, please check RingCentral Archiver
  https://developer.ringcentral.com/app-gallery.html/app/312709020-312709020-7gufiGT3T3CCuCP37hMDaQ~4T...  
1 |3000

Matthew Herbert avatar image
Matthew Herbert answered

I know this post is quite old but I came across the exact same problem of the recordings getting deleted after a short while and there is very little out there on how to solve this problem of retaining the recordings. I hope this helps someone. The way I solved it was I wrote some custom code to read the binary stream of each recording file and save each recording MP3 file locally to our network hard drive on our company network as well as all information relating to each file stored in our database. That way we have access to all recordings for as long as we like. This is important because we needed all the recordings accessible in our custom CRM/ERP order processing application which I have also written. Our requirement was the ability to go into any company record in our CRM and be able to play any recordings relating to that company.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys