Question

Ring Central problems with inbound events

• 31 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Hey guys, so let me share an issue we have encountered with our RingCentral customer. A month ago a customer reached out with a problem regarding their inbound transfer scenario. It appears that we do not log the calls that their secretary receives, so we use one of our resources to get a stack of the events. At a first look I believe that some events do not log in our system because of how we parse the events, when I gave a second look I noticed that we do not receive events for this calls.

For some reason, we receive inbound events for other numbers, but when we call from the root number we do not receive events for this inbound call or for and transfer that happens thereafter. My question is: Are there configurations or blockers in such a scenario?

1 reply

How did you write the code to listen to inbound events? If you are using subscription service, you need to specify the event filters: https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefGetDetailedExtensionPresenceEvent   You need to specify all the extensions that you want to receive events. 

Please post more information if above doesn't help.