question

guilherme-diego6517 avatar image
guilherme-diego6517 asked guilherme-diego6517 commented

Ring Central problems with inbound events

Hey guys, so let me share an issue we have encountered with our RingCentral customer. A month ago a customer reached out with a problem regarding their inbound transfer scenario. It appears that we do not log the calls that their secretary receives, so we use one of our resources to get a stack of the events. At a first look I believe that some events do not log in our system because of how we parse the events, when I gave a second look I noticed that we do not receive events for this calls.

For some reason, we receive inbound events for other numbers, but when we call from the root number we do not receive events for this inbound call or for and transfer that happens thereafter. My question is: Are there configurations or blockers in such a scenario?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered guilherme-diego6517 commented
How did you write the code to listen to inbound events? If you are using subscription service, you need to specify the event filters:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefGetDetailedExtensionPresenceEvent   You need to specify all the extensions that you want to receive events. 

Please post more information if above doesn't help.
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

guilherme-diego6517 avatar image guilherme-diego6517 commented ·
So man, I take a look in our code and seems like we listen allthe extensions that we sync in out mongo from RC service.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

We are unaware of such issues from our side. In order to troubleshoot, we need more information. You should list at least two extensions, one could receive events while the other couldn't. And also list the steps to reproduce the issue. (sample code is preferred). You can send the information in an email to the developer support team and we will respond soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
guilherme-diego6517 avatar image guilherme-diego6517 commented ·

Thx the attetion Tyler! I sent an e-mail to developer support :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys