question

Robert Baxter avatar image
Robert Baxter asked Lwod Eng commented

"In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission" - how do I add permissions?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a meeting with our sandbox account following this guide.
https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/meetings/quick-start/node

However, I receive this error "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission"

I found this issue where there meeting permissions weren't added to the user's sandbox account, is it possible this is the same issue? Is there a way for me to check / add perms to my sandbox account?

Thanks!
-Rob

getting started
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lwod Eng avatar image Lwod Eng commented ·

I'm also having this issue. I am on a paid plan, trying to use the meetings API in production.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, the meeting endpoint is not supported on sandbox. See the note from this dev guide.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Robert Baxter avatar image
Robert Baxter answered Phong Vu commented

I don't see anything mentioning sandbox, but I do see:

"The Meetings API is not available to free developer accounts. In order to use this API, please sign-up for a paid RingCentral account, which can be made available on a free trial basis."

But I should already be on a paid account.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The note means that the endpoint is not available to a sandbox account. Please graduate your app (you may need to submit a support ticket for waiving the API exercise on sandbox), then use the client id and secret for your production account to test your app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Can you request the back-end developer support to enable that into your account by submitting a support ticket?

By default it may not be available the meetings feature

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys