question

Nitika D avatar image
Nitika D asked ·

Switch App type from Private to Public

I have an app in the Testing environment which I developed using the RingCentral API, the type shows as Private - I wish to have it changed to Public. How do I change the app type?

frequently askedapp
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered ·

Once the app is created you cannot change that feature. The best you can do is to clone the app and make necessary modification in the clone app and then remove the original app

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chaitali avatar image
Chaitali answered ·

Yes, it applies for both public and private apps

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered ·

The best option is to create a new app by selecting it as public and then give the required permissions to use that app

Leonard leWang avatar image
Leonard leWang answered ·

You can contact the RingCentral Support team through https://developers.ringcentral.com/support.html and submit a help ticket regarding the issue.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app