Question

Emergency calling - Registered Location. UK Account.

• 24 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Total RC newbie here, sorry if I have missed something obvious.

I've made a sandbox and added a second user. The user received an email which links to 'Set Up Account' at secure.devtest.ringcentral.co.uk.

I enter User Info OK,

I enter Regional settings OK.

When I try to supply an address for Emergency calling - Registered Location I get (no matter what data I try) a modal window:

"Warning! The street, city and/or state information does not match: Please try again."

If I try to edit this information through service.devtest.ringcentral.co.uk > Phones and Devices > User Phones it just says ''Validation errors occurred. Please confirm the fields and submit again." but no fields are red and there is no feedback on what is wrong.

I am baffled.

Without this Registered Location data the new user can't make calls. I need some calls between two users as my "mission" is to retrieve call data from the API, and Step1: create some data.

Any ideas?

1 reply

Hi Thompson,

In Sandbox Environment, you are allowed to put in the default Emergency Calling address for the User ( Extension ). Could you verify by providing the Default Emergency Address which is present when you Add Device.

Below is a Knowledge Base article on 'How to set up RingCentral Desktop App' :

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/6266.html

If you are still having problems changing the Emergency Address to -> Default, kindly send in a help ticket with the sandbox account number, and the developer support team can take a look at the settings.

Thanks!