question

david7996 avatar image
david7996 asked ·

"errorCode": "RNG-102", "message": "Caller ID should be one of company direct numbers"

I am having an issue with the ringout call api. When I put one of my direct phone numbers in my account as a Caller ID, I get the message that the caller ID should be one of company direct numbers which it is.
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
Direct number is not extension number. The former is normally longer than the latter. Please double check.

If it still doesn't work, could you please post some some code snippet?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david7996 avatar image
david7996 answered ·
Hi Tyler, 
I am not using the extension number. I am putting the long number in e.164 format.
And I cannot post some code snippet as I am using your RingCentral Connect Platform API Explorer :  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html

I have created an application that is not yet in production and I am testing it using your API explorer platform. When making a ringout call through this app, it works perfectly when the calling ID is empty. When I put the 11 digits number in the calling ID field in E.164 format (for instance: +14445559999), then I get the error.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
I tried it myself. I can reproduce the problem.

I resolved the issue by using the sandbox account number which could be found this way:  login developer.ringcentral.com, on top right there is a dropdown menu with your username, in the dropdown menu there is a menu item "Sandbox accounts".  Click that menu and I found "Main Company Number". Using that number as caller ID doesn't have the problem described above.

david7996 avatar image
david7996 answered ·
I see, I tried it too; it works with the number under the sandbox account. But why can't I put another numbers from my ringcentral account? is it because the app I'm working on is not in production yet? I am a bit confused as I don't recognize the number associated with my sandbox account.
1 comment

I guess it is because other numbers are not the company's direct numbers. I am not good at this because it's not directly about programming. Please contact devsupport@ringcentral.com
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.