question

michael-leung avatar image
michael-leung asked mary-community-moderator commented

RC meeting virtual background issue

I am having issues turning on virtual background for one of my computers. It's a 2020 Dell XPS 13 with a i7-1065G7 processor . I am not able to turn on virtual background because the processor does not meet the "minimum" requirement of 2 GHz. It has a idle speed of 1.3 GHz and ramps up to a 3.9 GHz. I call technical support and they were useless and just keep saying it does not meet the requirement of 2 GHz.

This is the one of the latest i7 on one of their top end notebooks. All of my "older" and less powerful notebooks have no issues with virtual background . It seems RC only checks the raw base speed of a processor but does not take into consideration of the generation of the processor or any power saving modes. The issue is the same in the RC and RC Classic app.

This computer was given to one of the owners of the company to work at home due to Covid. The company has implemented a virtual background initiative - now one of the owners cannot use a virtual background...

I have no issue using virtual background in Zoom on the same computer.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, ML

video
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dave Ashley avatar image Dave Ashley commented ·

I am also having a user with this issue and no solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Michael, is this happening also in the RingCentral Meetings app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave Ashley avatar image Dave Ashley mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

yes

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Nortey avatar image Ben Nortey commented ·

Any answer to this issue? One of my orgs users are facing this as well!

0 Likes 0 ·
Maki Watanabe avatar image Maki Watanabe commented ·

Hi All, Same issue happens with RingCentral App on my new laptop, Dell G5 15, with windows10 64bit + core i7. I believe it is not hw spec issue. Reinstall didn't resolve my issue. Google show me Zoom has same issue, but they don't have resolution yet also. Does anyone have fix or workaround?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Maki Watanabe commented ·

Hello,

For this issue, please reach out to our Phone Support so they can investigate the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

john-durr avatar image
john-durr answered

Same thing with a brand new machine. Thinkpad T14s if that helps narrow it down

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app