News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
10-15 Second Delay Answering or Making Calls With RingCentral App
Tags: phone, hardware
Aug 14, 2020 at 2:24pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Billy Merfeld

Good afternoon,

We're on day 3 with RingCentral, and we're finding things we really like and little things that make us scratch our head. Overall it's been a pretty good experience.

I have something weird going on with the desktop app. When I try to answer a call on Glip there is a 10-15 second delay before the call is answered. When I dial a number there is a 10-15 second delay before it dials.

This morning I was in My Extension on service.ringcentral.com. I recorded a new Voicemail Greeting. I left that Window up, and all day long the app calls have been working nearly instantly. I don't experience any delay or issues. As soon as I closed that My Extension on the website the delays reappeared. I reopened the website, made sure my microphone was active on that page, and Glip is back to working without issues.

I have a $35 pair of Logitech headphones, and they haven't given me any issues on other programs. It's a USB connection directly into my computer. I'm using Microsoft Edge as my browser. I have the latest release of the app installed.

I'm aware my headphones aren't on the supported list (I don't think this is the reason, but it could be). I was curious if anyone else experienced this issue and if they discovered a resolution.

Thanks in advance!

on Nov 16, 2021 at 2:42pm   •  1 likes

I'm experiencing this same issue and do not see a response....please help!

on Nov 16, 2021 at 2:48pm   •  1 likes

I never did find a real resolution. It happens with the RingCentral Desktop App and RC Phone. I upgraded to a gaming headset (G533) since they are more comfortable for me and more functional for other things. However, they're not supported either.

I noticed my headphones work great for websites, so I tried using the browser version, https://app.ringcentral.com. It works phenomenally well.

I've dumped the installed apps and just use a browser. An added bonus - when a call comes in and I have browser notifications turned on, I can answer from the browser notification by the Windows task tray instead of having to have the app on top. Last time I tried the desktop app, it didn't have that option for me.

on Nov 16, 2021 at 2:50pm   •  1 likes

Thanks Billy that's a great idea, I will try that! I found that I don't have this issue when I use headphones plugged in by USB but I prefer the Bluetooth. :)

on Feb 15, 2022 at 8:58am   •  0 likes

hi @Billy Merfeld and @Brandie Conrick, did you find any other solutions? I can not get the delay to not be there. With a headset, without, with the web browser open, which it closed, I always have a delay.

on Feb 15, 2022 at 9:10am   •  0 likes

I'm sorry, @Lisa Focaccia. Once I found that my Bluetooth headphones worked with app.ringcentral.com, I stopped searching for a resolution.

I started using a Chrome profile with no add-ins/extensions. The only thing I use on that Chrome profile is RingCentral, no other sites.

I have a decent laptop with good memory, but the CPU isn't the greatest. If I have RingCentral open in its own Chrome window, another Chrome profile/window streaming something, and I'm working on other things, sometimes I will get delays, but that one isn't on RingCentral - it's my CPU not being able to handle too much work.

The only other thing I can suggest is:

1. Try the RingCentral Chrome App

2. Try https://app.ringcentral.com in Microsoft Edge (assuming you're using Windows)

3. I was going to suggest trying RC Phone, but it looks like it's no longer on their app page. I guess it's down to the desktop app and the browser version.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance. I know this was frustrating for me too.

on Feb 16, 2022 at 2:51am   •  0 likes

@Billy Merfeld my IT department worked on my computer yesterday and updated my audio drivers, and now it seems to be working.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us