question

Tammy Wolski avatar image
Tammy Wolski asked Phong Vu answered

What is the sequence of events for ending a call that was spawned using RingOut?

My users will have an app that they can use to click on a client's phone number, and it will dial the physical phone sitting beside them on the desk. I'm using RingOut for this. I've never done this before so I need to know about ending the call. The RingOut API call creates a "call object". Does that call object have to be ended (deleted) by my app that started the call using the RingOut API (meaning, user has to click an "End Call" button, or is it automatically deleted by the staff member or client (or both) hanging up their physical phone? The reason I ask is because of the GET (Ringout Status) API call will fail and be marked by the RingOut system as an error on my part (404).. .and then what happens? I get punished some how? If I have to have an "End Call" button in my app, that users have to click after they physically hang up after each call.. for sure they are going to get confused and click the "End Call" button (DELETE) and again, if the call object is not there, another 404 will get generated.

ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

When you make a ring-out call, you will get the call id in the response. The call id is the telephony session id and you can use it to control the call e.g, to terminate the call. You don't have to do that if you don't want to. If one of the call parties hangs up, the call will be terminated as well.

To implement the "End Call" button, use the telephony session id with this API.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys