question

Tammy Wolski avatar image
Tammy Wolski asked Phong Vu commented

Why is nothing ringing or happening during a RingOut "InProgress" call?

I am using the RingOut API function in production mode.

I have a RingCentral desk phone brought from my clinic, at my home office, sitting beside my home desk phone at my home office. The RingCentral desk phone is extension 218.

Here is what works:

I can get a token, using our main account phone number, with star character plus extension.

Example: 7809999999*218

Then using my own Windows 10 app, I make a call to my home phone number, using the RingOut API with account ID ~ and extension ID as ~

Result: I get an "InProgress" HTTP response. However, the RingCentral desk phone doesn't ring, or even show a line is occupied, and my home phone doesn't ring.

What am I doing wrong?

ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Tammy Wolski commented

Can you make a direct call to that number to see if the phone rings? I don't think it is the problem with the RingOut.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Josh Harris avatar image Josh Harris commented ·

Ringout is very buggy. I use it from Python to make 1 phone call every day. My code is 100% the same from day to day, but some days the Ringout rings both phones, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works for weeks at a time and then last week it broke for 4-6 days in a row, then worked for 2-3 days in a row and is now broken again for the past 2 days.

1 Like 1 ·
Tammy Wolski avatar image Tammy Wolski commented ·

Yes, I shd have included that in the original post. I can manually dial my home office phone number on my RingCentral desktop phone and the call goes through correctly. Rings, I talk, here myself through the other phone, hang up both. It works manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Tammy Wolski commented ·

And this is on your production account? If it is, I recommend you open a support ticket. They may need to get you on a call and look at your phone settings and troubleshoot the problem.

1 Like 1 ·
Tammy Wolski avatar image Tammy Wolski Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I opened a ticket and got the problem resolved. It was my fault for not including the extension in the "from" number. (Including it in the Get token makes no difference as far as I can tell.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tammy Wolski avatar image
Tammy Wolski answered Phong Vu commented

I have this resolved now, but the original RingOut object will still be "InProgress". The original token is long expired, so I can't do a DELETE on it. What happens to these RingOut objects that are forever "InProgress" and not deleteable? Do they take up disk space somewhere? Is it bad for my phone system somehow?

4 comments
1 |3000

Prasannakumar Kelli avatar image Prasannakumar Kelli commented ·

Could you let us know resolution steps. I even faced the same i.e I get an "InProgress" HTTP response. However, the RingCentral desk phone doesn't ring.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Prasannakumar Kelli commented ·

I just test Ring-Out and it works on both production and sandbox environment. Should you double check the number, the phone etc. to make sure you can at least make a direct call to that phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
Prasannakumar Kelli avatar image Prasannakumar Kelli Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I could able to make a direct call however it shows as "In progress" response when i ran the app. Any thoughts on the format of the number like "+country code-number" or +countrycode and number without any special chars"

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys