question

Jo Potvin avatar image
Jo Potvin asked matthew-plummer4590 commented

SMS Unable To use main number for other extensions

I need for everyone to be able to send text from Ring Central using the main number as the caller id.

sms and text messaging
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Jo,

This feature is not yet available. We can only receive SMS in operator extension but not using it as a caller ID for outbound SMS. You can share this idea here. I will also share this information with our Product Manager. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason Stewart avatar image Jason Stewart commented ·

I would be sold on ring central if this feature was available

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jason Stewart commented ·

@Jason Stewart @kenneth shiozaki Please make sure to vote on this feature in the link Jenn shared above.
It helps us as we share your ideas and feature requests with the Product Team.

0 Likes 0 ·
kenneth shiozaki avatar image kenneth shiozaki commented ·

I definitely need this feature as well

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ kenneth shiozaki commented ·

Hello @kenneth shiozaki, thanks for letting us know. Click HERE to add your idea!

0 Likes 0 ·
matthew-plummer4590 avatar image matthew-plummer4590 commented ·

Yes, this should be very easy to accomplish now with the new RC Apps. Super Admin should be able to grant access to any user in the company to have access to the Main Company Number SMS account in order to respond to and send SMS messages to and from the main company number. It would just appear as another item in the left navigation of the RC App.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ matthew-plummer4590 commented ·

@matthew-plummer Gentle reminder - please add your vote and use case here.

-1 Like -1 ·
matthew-plummer4590 avatar image matthew-plummer4590 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you, Becky

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app