question

Paula Shepherd avatar image
Paula Shepherd asked jenn-community-moderator answered

How can I change the "Play announcement before connecting" message to the default one?

On a particular user extension, there is a custom recording set for the annoucement that is played before a call is accepted on a non-ringcentral number (A mobile number for example).

I want to switch this back to the default announcement. But I cannot find this anywhere. Does anyone know where this is stored?

call forwardingsettings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Thanks for the clarification. For the "play announcement" we have to tick the "Include mailbox name in announcement"

If still doesn't kick in. You have to create a case into our portal. Click here to create a case. Thanks for your patience.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello Paul!

You can change it in user greeting.

Also, you can check all the types of greetings we have in our account. Thank you!

1 |3000

Paula Shepherd answered jenn-community-moderator converted comment to answer

Hi Jenn thanks for the quick reply. I have checked that setting and it is already unticked.

Possibly I did not explain correctly but the setting that I am refering to is here -

user list > user > call handling and forwarding > settings > edit incoming call information > play announcement > Play announcement before connecting.

I have this configured as "for non-ringcentral phones only" and it kicks in when I configure a user to be forwarded on to a mobile number - when the user answers the call on their mobile, they receive a custom message advising them to press 1 to receive the call. I want to know where I can configure a custom (or default) recording for that announcement.

1 |3000

Paula Shepherd answered

Ah thats great thanks - it was that tick box - include mailbox name in announcement - that was producing the customized audio message. Thats what I was trying to remove, so thats perfect, thanks very much for your help.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app