Solved

Maybe I'm missing something- Where is the HUD in the new Ringcentral App?

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

My company has been using RC for ~10 years, and we've had a HUD via the RC 'Phone App' for 5 of those. We've come to rely on the HUD as a visual insight into the status of other users, who's tied up on a call, who's on lunch, etc. Frankly, it might be the feature we value the most in the app.

For a long time now I have been watching RC's progress with the new app, waiting for it to be fully functional before I considered migrating my users. This evening I downloaded the new (desktop) app to evaluate it and, much to my shock and surprise, it doesn't appear that this app has a HUD. I just can't imagine this to be true, though, so I am hoping that I've missed a setting somewhere and that it can be turned on? Can anyone shed some light on this mystery for me?

PS: I read a ton of documentation before posting this. And while I can likely infer that the HUD is not included in this app, I was unable to confirm this since the documentation for the new app didn't mention anything about it. I would guess that, given how many people will migrate to the new app from the old one that this must be a common question?

icon

Best answer by BeckyH 23 July 2021, 16:26

View original

8 replies

Hello Brandon, we are still working on HUD in the new Unified RingCentral App. It will be released in 2021. Thanks for your patience.

Is this active yet? I cannot find it on the new RC app I had to download for a new computer set up.

@Curt DeWeese The idea is in planned stage here:

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-20

Maybe soon get implemented

I 100% agree with this. HUD is a lifeline in my organization. We were just upgraded to the new desktop app this week and I'm very disappointed that this useful tool is missing.

Please define 'soon'......I suspect that was a typo, needs corrected to "we expect to see it sometime in the 21st century"

We just upgraded and are very disappointed in the lack of a HUD. I will be monitoring this page for updates.

THis is unacceptable. After many years with RC, we are about to change vendors if this HUD issue is not resolved.

This is unacceptable. We are about to change vendors after many years, if this is not immediately forthcoming.

Userlevel 2

HUD is available. You can find details about it in the Desktop app/web version here: https://support.ringcentral.com/app/phone/desktop-web/enabling-hud-ringcentral-app-desktop-web.html

If we can answer other questions, please reach out to us via the Community or at Community.Support@RingCentral.com