question

Marvin Julson avatar image
Marvin Julson asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Status keeps reverting to Invisible.

My status keeps changing from Available to Invisible even though I am active on the computer. I need it not to do that. This is the new app. Ver 20.3.31.2413 Windows.

presence
11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Marvin Julson avatar image Marvin Julson Anirban commented ·

Those are for the old app. Not applicable.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Marvin Julson commented ·

Hey, @Marvin Julson! We recommend that you uninstall and reinstall first. If that doesn't help, we would suggest checking in with Support to troubleshoot the issue further.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance!

0 Likes 0 ·
b-d avatar image b-d commented ·

This is happening again to several users. Logged off all app locations (PC and Mobile) and logged back in. Still changes quickly back to invisible. Is this another RC bug?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ b-d commented ·

Hi! There's no reported bug for this. Please try to uninstall/reinstall the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Phelps avatar image Michael Phelps commented ·

Not sure if this is the right place to comment that this is happening to me on the Web Console app. I came in this morning, clicked on the https://app.ringcentral.com tab on my web browser and my status is 'Invisible'. It has since gone to 'Available'. I will point out that I still get calls even though my status is 'Invisible'. It seems to be an aesthetics issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Michael Phelps commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Okay. So according to the site, this feature is not working as intended since I am NOT manually setting myself to 'Invisible'

Invisible: A gray dot. This will appear as if you’re offline. This presence can only be set manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Michael Phelps commented ·

We recommend logging out entirely or setting your account to Do Not Disturb (DND) to avoid receiving calls.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you Becky!

The issue is that "My status keeps changing from 'Available' to 'Invisible' even though I am active on the computer." So my status is changing involuntarily. Could a network with a lot of data being transferred be causing that?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Michael Phelps No problemo!
And yeah, that could be the case. Are you exclusively using the app on your browser?
Just curious to isolate your specific issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app