question

Nick R avatar image
Nick R asked Nick R answered

Rendering failed for some PDFs..

Hi,

Our (legacy) applications produce PDFs...

Some of them I can send using RingCentral API, while I get RenderingFailed for others...

The code I use to send this is the sample Java code provided with some minor adjustments to fill in the required fields.

It is not a file size problem, the failing one is actually smaller...

Any ideas?

Nicolas

PS: Phong, if needed I can most likely provide a sample PDF...

rest api
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you send me the sample pdf file via email?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Nick R avatar image
Nick R answered

Hi Phong!

Looks like the tool these are generated with puts an owner password when restrictions are put on the PDF...

Our current Fax system does not mind but RingCentral seems to...

The reason restrictions are put on the PDF is that the same document can be faxed, emailed and this has never proven to be a problem with our current fax solution..

I will send you the PDF... Could you please confirm if the owner password (which we don't know, the tool does it by itself) is the problem and if anything can be done on your side, it is not like we are trying to modify the PDFs...

Thank you and have a nice day,

Nick

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys