question

mark-knight avatar image
mark-knight asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

New RC app - Pause call recording.

Hi all, I have a customer who is using the new RC app.

They would like to use the Auto record for all users, but they have some staff who take phone payments, thus they need to be able to pause call recording for GDPR, however with the new APP this does not seem to be available, when you try to hit record whilst on a call, the app just comes up with an error??

Since this, the customer has gone to use on-demand call recording and this is working fine within the new app, so its just the Automatic Recording Pause feature that isn't?

Anyone with any ideas?

ringcentral appcall recording
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kevin-oechsle avatar image kevin-oechsle commented ·

I was just told by RC support today that auto call recording pausing isn't available on the new app. You need to be using the RC Phone in order to pause auto call recordings. Seems silly to me, as we also need to pause for GDPR and PCI compliance we can't be recording customer credit card info. It's honestly about the only thing that is stopping us from moving to the new app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Hey, @kevin-oechsle and @mark-knight, Please share your vote for this idea in our Ideas Portal.
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-292

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app