Question

Phone Rings when shared line call is on hold

• 7 October 2020
  • 5 replies

When we place a shared line call on hold it will ring on the other phones that can access the shared line. Isn't this the intended way it's supposed to work? Is there a way to change this? We have a user claiming that it was never working that way before and wants it changed, but I've always experienced the above behavior and can't see a setting for this in the system.

5 replies

Hello@Thomas C. apologies, we need to make sure of your settings. It would be best if you created a case here, and our phone support will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Just started having this same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

I opened a ticket on this a few weeks ago, and Support closed it saying "working as designed". We're new to RC we this simply doesn't sound like reasonable functionality.

We have the same issue and are new to RingCentral. Would parking the call work instead of putting the call on hold?

I'm not sure since we don't use parking in our RC system. I just disabled the ability to pick up monitored lines on hold from the other phones they didn't want ringing. This only worked because they didn't need to have those phones picking it up.