question

Vince avatar image
Vince asked Phong Vu answered

Call Forwarding API

Hello I have a question about the call forwarding API, my current setup is
Main Number (Mask Number) -> Forwards to Huntgroup (huntgroup contains 4 numbers)

I want to forward the Main Number to an external number through the API by replacing the first Forwarding Number to the external number I want to forward to but I am getting the following error when I try to remove or update that number:

RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiException: Device number cannot be deleted from the forwarding number list

It works on my Sandbox mode, forwards correctly, but when I change it to the Production mode it gives me the error above.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

call forwarding
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you revise your question? I have no idea what you want to achieve, or what is the exact problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vince avatar image Vince Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I have 5 phone lines with Ringcentral. 1 line is a masked number where clients call in, this number gets transferred to my other 4 lines (whichever is not busy), I believe it's called the Call Queue Group.

I want to be able to transfer the masked line to an external number. I was able to achieve this in sandbox mode by deleting the forwarding number and creating a new one with these:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Forwarding/deleteForwardingNumber
https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Forwarding/createForwardingNumber

But once I tried it in Production, it gives me the error:

RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiException: Device number cannot be deleted from the forwarding number list

I also tried to update the forwarding number (which currently points to the primary number of the 4 lines) but also fails.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vince avatar image Vince Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

So pretty much,

Sandbox:
Masked Line -> Delete Forwarding Number (Success) -> Create Forwarding External Number (Success) -> Calls Being Forwarded

Production:
Masked Line -> Delete Forwarding Number (Fail)
Masked Line -> Update Forwarding Number (Fail)

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Vince commented ·

Can you print out the error messages? And also the app client id

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry for the long delay. Got stuck at other tasks.

So the problem is that you can only use those APIs to manage (delete and update) forwarding numbers, NOT forwarding to other's phones (see attached image)

The behavior is the same for sandbox and production accounts.

I will update if and when I have a solution to this problem.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys