question

Graham King avatar image
Graham King asked jason-veirs8964 answered

Desktop app for MacOS doesn't show my contacts

I'm using the desktop app (Version: 20.4.10.284 Web, 20.4.10.2510 Mac) with MacOS 10.15.6.

None of my contacts' names are showing in the app. All I see is phone numbers and "unknown caller".

My contacts are on my Mac in iCloud. Names show up just fine in iOS.

hardwarecontacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered Graham King commented

Hello @Graham King, apologies! It will only be available for mobile apps. I would highly suggest posting HERE for feature requests, and I will also share this with our Product Managers. Thank you!

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shannon13593 avatar image shannon13593 commented ·

This had previously been a posted feature request entitled "Sync Personal Contacts in Ring Central App (Glip)" with HUNDREDS of votes and comments from irate customers who had waited for RC to implement this basic functionality for more than THREE YEARS. At one point an RC rep told us it would be done in early 2020. So much for that. I felt like our business was too entrenched with RC to leave at the time while other customers were saying they were done. However, the disappearance of the original that I was supposedly "in the works" is the final nail in the coffin for us. RC has shown a total disregard for customer needs and excludes basic functionality from its app. We've stayed too long. Time to cut our losses.

2 Likes 2 ·
jason-veirs8964 avatar image
jason-veirs8964 answered

@shannon - I COMPLETELY agree and it's such a joke that RingCentral doesn't listen to their customers and flat out lies to us - We were told on the previous thread that you mentioned "Sync Personal Contacts in Ring Central App (Glip)" (which has since been deleted) that this would be completed in the 3rd quarter of 2020, after being pushed back numerous times.

The fact that they not only deleted that thread, but that they still refuse to provide us with an update years later is incomprehensible. This is a CORE functionality of the product, and other providers like DialPad and Nextiva are going to have a mass exodus of users from RingCentral, as this is just NUTS!!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app