question

Paul Rarey avatar image
Paul Rarey asked Paul Rarey edited

Listing Unassigned DID Numbers via API

Hello All,

I'm looking for a way to query/list unassigned DID numbers via the REST APIs. Specifically those DID numbers we will have in an available/unassigned pool of numbers that may or may not be "grouped" into a SiteCode.

API Query Needed

• Return Available (unassigned) DID/Numbers [ Company-Wide | SiteCode | Other? ]

I've searched though the Dev & Customer community posts, finding two interesting but not quite on point articles; a) What is easiest way to find an available extension number and b) Assigning extension according to user location.

Topic a) is interesting, and will have high utility for us. Unfortunately I cannot find documentation on how SiteCode works within RCOffice (configure, align unassigned numbers with one/multiple SiteCodes, etc.). Pointers to detailed documentation would be most helpful.

Topic b), the customer states use of SCIM to achieve location-based number provisioning. I do understand (and strongly agree) this should be a feature within RC.

For now, I just need the above query noted.

Thanks in advance!

/paul

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys