question

Dan Schmidt avatar image
Dan Schmidt asked jenn-community-moderator answered

How to mass delete IM's

I am trying to mass delete instant messages. The only thing that RC allows is a single message at a time. How do I delete the entire chain from a back and forth IM session?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dan Schmidt avatar image Dan Schmidt commented ·

Looks like I may have found my own answer. I can close a "conversation", but cannot delete it. Apparently only an admin can delete a conversation? Sure I can delete what I send, but the conversation still lives on. I am sure this is some legal thing RC is trying to serve. But one would think like IM's on your phone that you could clear old IM's on RC, at least locally.

Looks like it's Skype from now on. At least I can delete entire message chains without getting the IT department involved.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Dan Schmidt, apologies! This feature is not available at the moment. You can add your vote HERE, and we'll share this with our Product Managers. Thank you for your patience.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app