Question

"account/active-calls" requirement issues

• 17 November 2020
  • 3 replies

active-calls.pngCurrently have one last call requirement that I must not be understanding. The status and review says that I have not completed "account/active-calls" call requirements, but I got a list of active calls 6 times and even made API calls to drop those calls using the telephonySessionId returned from the active-calls API call to pass the Call Control requirements.

These are the 2 calls I'm making, this of course is just the copied Python scripts off the API references page - it does not have the information I'm using to make the calls for obvious reasons:

# PATH PARAMETERS
accountId = '<ENTER VALUE>'

# OPTIONAL QUERY PARAMETERS
queryParams = {
    #'direction': [ 'Inbound', 'Outbound' ],
    #'view': 'Simple',
    #'type': [ 'Voice', 'Fax' ],
    #'transport': [ 'PSTN', 'VoIP' ],
    #'page': 1,
    #'perPage': 100
}

import os
from ringcentral import SDK
rcsdk = SDK(os.environ['clientId'], os.environ['clientSecret'], os.environ['serverURL'])
platform = rcsdk.platform()
platform.login(os.environ['username'], os.environ['extension'], os.environ['password'])
r = platform.get(f'/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/active-calls', queryParams)
# PROCESS RESPONSE
print(r.text())

and

# PATH PARAMETERS
accountId = '<ENTER VALUE>'
extensionId = '<ENTER VALUE>'

# OPTIONAL QUERY PARAMETERS
queryParams = {
    #'direction': [ 'Inbound', 'Outbound' ],
    #'view': 'Simple',
    #'type': [ 'Voice', 'Fax' ],
    #'page': 1,
    #'perPage': 100
}

import os
from ringcentral import SDK
rcsdk = SDK(os.environ['clientId'], os.environ['clientSecret'], os.environ['serverURL'])
platform = rcsdk.platform()
platform.login(os.environ['username'], os.environ['extension'], os.environ['password'])
r = platform.get(f'/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/active-calls', queryParams)
# PROCESS RESPONSE
print(r.text())

What am I missing, is "account/active-calls" different than the active calls area listed under the API references > Voice > Call Log > Get Company Active Calls -/and/- Get User Active Calls? Under API references > Account there is nothing for "Active Calls" but not sure if I'm overlooking or missing something?

Also, is there a reason that the status and review page only updates every 4 hours? It says it does it every 15 minutes but I've timed it throughout the day, it's every bit of 4 hours, which is frustrating especially when you're trying to see if the call you're making is what RC wants in order for you to apply for production.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

What is your app client id?

Userlevel 1

The account active call and extension active call requires the same app permission ReadCallLog. Normally it is enough to exercise on of the endpoints to pass the graduation requirements. I am not sure why for the active call it requires each endpoint with at lease 5 API calls. Right now, I see you have 2 API calls to the account level and 50 calls to the extension level. I will check with the team to see what is wrong with this. Meanwhile, I can graduate your app to production manually if you want to.

Let me know

Okay, yes please graduate it, I would really appreciate that