question

Josh Henderson avatar image
Josh Henderson asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

How can I automatically change to DND when in a Ring Central Meeting?

The Ringcentral app sees that you are in a meeting. However, phone calls to you still audibly ring interrupting the meeting. Is there a configuration to automatically change to DND while in the meeting?

meetingsvideo
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kelly-cote avatar image kelly-cote commented ·

I would also like to know how to set it up so it AUTOMATICALLY goes to DND while on video meeting or conference call. Thanks.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ kelly-cote commented ·

Hi @kelly-cote, when you're in a meeting, a red dot is shown. This presence indicates if a user is in a meeting and should not be disturbed. This presence is system-triggered and is set automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
kelly-cote avatar image kelly-cote mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Right, but outside callers can't see that and phone calls come through. All of our personnel aren't on Ring Central so they can't see the solid red. So auto DND would be great.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Paul Kopalek avatar image Paul Kopalek commented ·

Somehow in August 2022, this is still not a feature. This should be a checkbox that you can choose for the organization or an individual "Automatically enter DND mode when In a Meeting" (or other various statuses if desired). There's simply no reason to set two things. Why am I changing 'status' to In a Meeting if I wanted to be disturbed? None of my users are going to understand the logic of NOT being DND by default when In a Meeting. Here is the Ideas page, I think it needs more votes - https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-188

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Paul Kopalek commented ·

Thanks for sharing the link, Paul!
We appreciate you bringing attention to the idea and helping us beat the drum for features like this!

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Thorne avatar image Dan Thorne Anirban commented ·

Hello Anirban, can RC Office be setup to automatically direct calls to voicemail (DND) whenever I'm either in a RC Video meeting or on another phone call, or does the presence need to be manually set each time?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app