question

carl-young14950 avatar image
carl-young14950 asked carl-young14950 commented

Why can't I assign existing number to user's phone anymore?

I have been able to do this in the past, but I've lost the ability to change a user's IP phone number. When you go to Phones & Devices>User Phones>Click On User>Edit Number, the only option that presents itself is to buy a new number. It no longer gives me the option to choose an existing assigned number. I had to call into Ringcentral support the other day to accomplish this and they stated that it appeared to be a glitch but they haven't confirmed it's company wide. This has been going on for weeks and I would love the ability to do this!

app administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered carl-young14950 commented

This is long to explain in plain text. You should submit a support ticket so the developer support team can schedule a call to walk you through the steps.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carl-young14950 avatar image carl-young14950 commented ·
What steps? I'm trying to find out if others are having the same issue I'm having or to get someone to help resolve this issue.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys