Question

Call queue calls showing as missed when another member of the call queue answered the call

• 2 December 2020
  • 15 replies

Hi, we have set up a call queue with several agents. Even if an agent answers a call, the other agents in the queue show the same call as missed. Is there a setting that can be activated so all of the call queue agents show the call as answered?

15 replies

Any answers to this?

This is normal behavior for our call queue that would show missed calls on the other group members. We would highly suggest adding your vote HERE., and we'll share it with our Product Managers. Thank you!

How do team members know who to follow up with if all the calls are showing as missed? What is the recommended workflow? I do not want team members calling back the same customer since they don't know if someone picked up or not.

Hi there - Can we get a status update on the issue outlined in the opening post? That was over 3 months ago. We've just had ring central set up here at my office and we are experiencing this same issue - calls being answered by other staff in the queue are showing as 'missed' on the other staff in that same queue even if the call was answered by someone else. There needs to be a way to change this.
We can't have staff asking others constantly if every call was in fact answered and not missed. Particularly if they aren't in the same room, or working from home that day.

The best place to review which call queue calls are Answered or Missed is the Call Queue Management portal. User Call Log shows call results from the User's (Agent) perspective. e.g. the system offered a call which was not answered. Call Queue Call Log shows call results from the Caller's perspective. The summary line shows the final result of the call. Expanding the record shows which Agent answered or missed the call.

call-queue-call-log.png

call-queue-call-log-expanded.png

Userlevel 2

Thanks for sharing this, @george-gary!

It do not show up on the app, so each time we cant keep login on web just to just this logs. We should have an option to see on app

I appreciate the explanation. My concern is with the end users that don't have access to the portal. They see Missed Call in the RingCentral app and they cannot tell if it was a missed call for them or the queue.

Here to throw my 2c in as well, we've recently switched to RingCentral and this issue has been plaguing our teams. To the extent that now most just don't pay any mind to the missed call notifications and instead just wait for a voicemail to be returned (which, the fact the call queue voicemail can't be accessed in the app is also an issue).

As Matt mentioned, the end user won't have access to the portal to run a call log report, and even if they did to require they do that every time? Rather than, at a glance in the app being able to identify which calls were answered and which need to be returned.

(typing for the second time as the first tried logging me in again then lost the content).

This is a major problem for us and a fundamental design flaw in any real world application.

We have a team of 6 on main reception, 1 member answers leaving 5 members with missed calls on their phones (T57W). This leads to considerable confusion, extra workload and inevitable duplication with our customers. I cannot understand why design in this way.

If it is not sorted quickly we are likely to have to cancel our contract, which is a huge shame as the system in general is excellent.

It would be nice if the call log said, "missed call, other agent answered". It would be nice to see the agent’s name that answer the call, but I don't want to push my luck.

Unfortunately another highly voted for feature request that still is not fixed, bumping this as a reminder to please keep voting for this to be addressed here:- https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-5

It has now been over a couple years since this was brought up, and still no movement from your product enhancement team. 350 upvotes, 20 merged ideas, and a slew of comments pleading for updates and timeline when this can be expected. What is going on??

Has this been fixed now, incidentally just found this thread when looking for something else prior to completing a migration over to RingCentral and this is going to be a huge problem for us. It's quite literally baffling that it is being considered a missed call in a queue even if someone else answers it...

Agreed, haven't see a fix for this, is this looking to be fixed?