question

Sean Downey avatar image
Sean Downey asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Automatic Do Not Disturb When on a Call

This question was apparently asked a long time ago without any response so I am going to post it again. Is there a way to set up a line to go straight to voicemail when a new call comes in and the user is already on a call?

presence
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sean Downey avatar image Sean Downey commented ·

Hello Jenn,

I appreciate the reply. I don't want the call to go to anyone else so the queue option doesn't seem to be the solution. I just want it to go to the user's voicemail since they are already on the line.

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Sean Downey commented ·

Understood, the call waiting feature is embedded in the phone system. Disabling of call waiting is not available at this time unless we use the call queue. I would highly suggest voting HERE, and we'll share this with our Product Managers. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Sean Downey, you can use the call queue by setting up a "rotation" call, so it will just hunt the available users.

When the incoming calls to a call queue group are set to be distributed in the Rotating order, the distribution will be based on idle time.
• A Call Queue member that has no call is considered as "idle," or Available, and the Availability or Idle timer starts.
• The member with the longest idle time receives the next call from the queue.
• When a member answers an incoming call or places an outbound call, the timer gets reset.
• The member then goes to the bottom of the queue.

Click HERE on how you can configure it. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app